Sunday, November 7, 2010

Blog Assignment #11

young students sitting in front of a row of computers

 

Ms. Cassidy's Classroom:
  I really enjoyed watching both videos about Ms. Cassidy's classroom. The students in her class seem to be know how to use computers very well. Her class seemed to love school and knew what they were learning. It just looked like a fun classroom. I really liked how Ms. Cassidy used Skype in her classroom. I remember in the video they were talking to a Geologist, she was telling them about rocks. It is so amazing that kids in a classroom can talk to actual experts about what they are learning. I am sure this is a fun way to learn and they might actually learn better that way by interacting with the experts. That is one aspect of Ms. Cassidy's class that I would like to have when I have my own classroom. I would love to have my class to be able to ask experts questions in class. Another thing that I liked about her classroom was that the kids had their own blogs where they could get comments from the teacher, their family, and students like us. They seemed to be very proud of their blog posts and really liked getting comments. They said this helped them to learn how to write better. I'm sure they did learn how to write better. Overall I loved this classroom and would love to have a class environment like Ms. Cassidy has.

3 comments:

  1. Whitney,

    You made a very interesting observation ... I liked about her classroom was that the kids had their own blogs where they could get comments from the teacher, their family, and students like us. They seemed to be very proud of their blog posts and really liked getting comments. They said this helped them to learn how to write better. Students of all ages thrive on feedback and opportunities to show what they can do with their skills. The ability of so many different people to help them get better is so important when learning. Technology is allowing us as educators to reach out to the world and let the community of learners help us educate our students. What types of things will you incorporate in your classroom as the future unfolds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitney,

    I could not agree more!! I think that Ms. Cassidy had great ideas. I love the way she used technology to teach her students new things. I could not believe that they could learn all of this in the first grade. I also agree that they did seem proud. I also feel that they where amazed that other people could interact with them and it was not just their teacher. I love your view and could not agree more

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whitney,

    I totally agree with your thoughts on Ms. Cassidy's classroom! She truly has a gift for being an educator. I think it's awesome how she's letting her students talk to experts, as well, by using Skype. It's almost like a virtual Career Day! Plus, the fact that the students were able to have blogs just blows me away. I thought it was interesting (and wonderful!) how keeping up with the blog has helped the children with their reading and writing skills. Like you, I hope to have a classroom someday that incorporates some of Ms. Cassidy's ideas.

    Nice post!

    Amanda Brewton

    ReplyDelete