Monday, November 1, 2010

Additional Assignment # 3

4 students sitting in front of a chalkboard. above their heads on the chalkboard is a picture of what they are thinking about. one has a car, one has a girl's head, one has a house, and one has a question mark. it is about motivation

Changing Educational Paradigms: 
  I think the most important thing that Mr. Ken Robinson said was that we need to change the idea that there is just one answer for everything and that we need to teach not just linear or horizontal, we need to teach that there is multiple answers to everything. I also thought what he said about ADHD was important, we are giving kids medicine to make them dry out and calm down , but then they don't really learn , they are distracted because of video games, television, and iphones, who wouldn't be. To many people are giving kids who might not have ADHD medicine. I didn't really disagree with anything Mr. Robinson said I thought it was a very good presentation. This class EDM 310 is teaching us a lot of the things he said in the video, to learn in different ways and have multiple answers. Some of the other classes aren't like that but I think they are trying to change. As a teacher I can deal with these issues by being a more creative teacher. Try not to give the same old same old, have different types of activities to learn something instead of a lecture every day. I could have more hands-on learning . I thought this was a very good presentation and I really liked the animation. It was creative and kept my interest threw the whole presentation. If I did a presentation like this maybe I would be best at doing the narrating, I would love to be the artist but I cannot draw. If not the narrator I would be interested in being the designer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment