Monday, November 1, 2010

Blog Assignment # 10

board with papers all around the border. in the middle of the board it says what's your sentence ?

The first post was interesting. I really liked the video by Mr. Brown. I understood what he was saying. He dropped out of school because his schooling was interfering with his education. That is so true today in Universities. We copy power points and memorize facts instead of truly learning and applying something to our lives. Professors don't get to know their students and don't allow lots of discussion on topics because the classes are so large. Students are not truly learning information they are just memorizing for a test.
I also agree with what Mr. Brown said about information is beginning to be worth less money. This is so because of the internet, it allows people who are not even high in society access information for free. Where as going to a university used to be the only way that you could get information, you had to pay for it.
This is another example of how more classes should be like EDM 310 and have more ways to communicate about information. We are able to interact with each other outside of class and pass information along and we are truly learning information for ourselves and being able to apply it.

Two questions that could change your life:
I thought this was a really good video, I liked the animation of it. I think those two questions are important to every one's lives. What is your sentence?, and Was I better today than yesterday. I want to strive to become better each day than the day before and be striving to make my sentence truly represent who I am. The sentence I hope I have is: "She was a positive influence on each of her students' lives and help guide them in the right direction in life and school."

2 comments:

  1. You summarized the articles well. I noticed that many people have very similar sentences, possibly because we have very similar career goals, but I wonder if it's also because these sentences are safe. What makes you stand out? How do you want that unique legacy to be remembered?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made a good point about Mr. Brown's video. Copying power points just to memorize the information for testing purposes..are we really retaining the information? Interaction and collaboration with others will help us in really learning about our specific career field. I think you have a good sentence and I am sure you will be a positive influence on your students.

    ReplyDelete