Saturday, October 2, 2010

C4K #1

comment for kids logo

  I was assigned to Keith Tweedy an 8th grader at Noel Elementary School. I really enjoyed reading Keith's posts.
  The first comment that I left for Keith was about his "About Me" post. The About Me assignment was to right about yourself and what problems you have had with Math in the past and what the teacher could do now to make it better. Keith told about how he had 3 siblings and a mom and dad. He really didn't right much about himself. He did write that he liked Social Studies and Science, and that he has always not liked Math. I told him that I really liked Social Studies too and I asked what his favorite type of history was, like mine is Western Civilization. I also told him that science was not my favorite subject, but that my fiance loves Science and is going to school to be a doctor. I also commented on that I struggled with Math in school but when I got to my junior and senior year I did more of my homework and tried harder to study more and got better grades in Math, I told him that he should work really hard in school so he can get into college. I only wished that Keith would have wrote more about himself, like what he enjoys to do, what his hobbies are and stuff like that. 
 The second comment I left was on the " Student Manefesto". Keith's Manefesto mainly consisted of trying to do better in school so he could go to college. I told him that his goals were very good and that is was important to do your best in school so you could have a college education. I told him that from my own personal experience I wished I would have done all of my homework and assignments in school because those points add up and eventually effect your grade in either a good or bad way. If I would have done better in school I might have gotten more scholarships to pay for college.
 The last comment I left Keith was on the Mineral Assignment. I think the assignment was to pretend like you were a mineral and talk about the changes they go through in a story. Keith had a interesting story about being gold. He said he first formed in the bottom of a volcano, got picked up by someone, which led to a bathroom, then somehow he ended up being back to a mineral. I said that his story was interesting, but the bathroom part was kind of gross. I noticed that he had some grammar issues but overall it was a good story about gold.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment