Sunday, October 10, 2010

Blog Assignment #7

two white street signs, one says dream ave. the other says believe st

Randy Pausch's Last Lecture

  I thought that this video was very good and entertaining. Mr. Pausch was a good speaker and kept my attention the entire time. For someone who is so ill you could not tell by his speech and actions. 
   I thought that it was neat that Mr. Pausch was basically able to reach all of his childhood dreams. We need to encourage students to reach their dreams and goals. I thought it was very cool that he got to be a part of making the Aladdin Carpet Virtual ride. I also liked how he talked about his football coach told him that he shouldn't worry about him always riding on him , that you should worry if you were messing up and he didn't ride on you, because that meant that they gave up on you. This means that as educators we should keep on telling our students when they are wrong, otherwise we are giving up on them.
  This man is very inspiring to everyone and especially teachers. He gives great stories on why we shouldn't discourage student's dreams. He was able to get his dreams fulfilled and if he could do it then anyone can. He is an inspiration to me because with his death sentence he got with the tumors , he just didn't go lie in bed until he died he was giving lectures and telling everyone not to pity him, we should try to be like that.

1 comment:

  1. We should always encourage our students to follow their goals and dreams just like Randy Pausch did. I loved when he talked about the coach because that is the way we should be with our students when we begin teaching. I know that if I was the one with an illness I would not be actin the way he was, just so ful of life, I loved it.

    ReplyDelete