Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Additional Assignment #2

missing persons sign,instead of a person's photo there is text, that says motivation

How Kids Teach Themselves:
  I thought that this was a very good speaker and that his research was very interesting. I think that if learners are motivated that yes, they can teach themselves. I think it was proven in the speaker's research. If the learners are children, I think it might be somewhat easier for them to teach themselves, and I think they can do it, like all the different children did in the video. I think the conditions that are necessary for kids to teach themselves, is motivation and the opportunity to learn, and proper encouragement are key. It seemed to me that the computers were a faster and easier way for kids to teach themselves, it allows them to learn from teachers across the world. If kids are motivated and encouraged about learning they will have a desire to learn. From the speaker's research and video clips, I got that if he asked the kids a question,that they had no clue what the answer was, they searched on the internet found it , then he asked a harder question , but the kids already knew from the previous question on how to find it so it became easier to find the answers. You can motivate someone to learn by being a "grandma" like the speaker said, watch the kids and encourage them and tell them they are doing a great job, also if you capture their interest that will motivate them. I am motivated to learn by encouragement and interest, if I am really interested in something, I will try harder to learn about it. I think if someone is not motivated to learn they can still learn, but maybe not as well as someone who is motivated. Well for this class I have taught myself a lot about computers and the internet, and it has helped me out a great deal, I have learned so much that I was clueless about.  I think the role of a teacher in a child's learning is to motivate and spark an interest in the child to want to know more. I think the speaker's idea of the teach themselves groups is a great idea, it seemed to me like that worked really well, children learn better in groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment