Sunday, October 17, 2010

Blog Assignment #7

teacher with two students working with the smartboard on the planets

This Is How We Dream:
  I thought what I saw on the video was interesting, but I was also confused during the video. I am confused about how students can do this in humanities, I understand what he was saying but I don't understand how this can be done for papers.
  I thought his presentation was entertaining and was well organized. I liked the idea of having a totally green building that is not based on the automobile, with parking lots taking up most of the space.
  I think from what I did understand on the video, was that he is trying to make humanities more interesting and less paper and pencils, more multi-media and digital work.

Student Films
  I liked both videos I thought the EDM 310 for Dummies was funny. The message I got was to not procrastinate and spend time , like 9hrs in Edm, and you will not be behind in work you can stay on schedule. 

Smartboards
Both of the videos that disagreed with using smartboards in the classroom, I agreed with. I don't think that smartboards in every classroom is improving learning, it just looks a little cooler than ordinary projectors. Schools should be spending money on things that are more beneficial to the classroom learning environment.
http://smartboards.typepad.com/smartboard/page/3/ ,  this link is to a blog site about teachers who love smart boards. This particular post says that their are many good lesson plans that use the smart board that is effective in the classroom.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Whitney,
    Good Post! I understand about some things being a little confusing. Technology in general can be confusing at times. I am one of those people that like to see it being done. I really liked the idea of the green building too. The videos that we watched were good, I especially enjoyed the Chipper Series. I thought it was funny that Chipper never gave up and stayed positive that she could do anything.
    I did not totally agree or disagree with the smartboard information. I do think the cost for technology in the classroom is steep and should not be as high-priced but I do believe they are a helpful tool with students. Being in the classroom and watching the participation with the students is rewarding enough. I don't know so much about high school but in the elementary classes it really does make a difference. If you get the chance you should check out some of the local elementary schools and see for yourself. Your blog is really good!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. You weren't confused. You just don't know how to "compose" that way - yet. Dr. Miller admitted that he didn't either. We are all learning. And project #15 may address just that!

    Your links should be in working buttons. Do you know how to do that? If so, correct in this post. If not, read the instruction manual, Mrs. Yollis' instructions for 3rd graders, or check in the lab. Notify me when you have corrected your link or links.

    ReplyDelete