Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Additional Assignment #1

google squared labs logo
 

The educational implications that I believe Google Squared provides, is that you can type in anything in another column and find that information. That is very useful in education, especially on research projects. The educational implications of WolframAlpha  or that when you type in country populations for example it gives you a map and what the highest population and the lowest population is. Also when you type in colors it will give a picture of the swatches of the color and what other colors are mixed in to form it. It is just very detailed and also good for research. I did not know about Google Squared or WolframAlpha before doing this assignment. Dr. Strange your comments did change everything that I commented on , on the Did You Know video. I totally thought that we were soo far behind, when really it all depends on the actual population. This information will help me out so much later on for other videos I watch or comments I read. Really now I realize America probably isn’t that far behind, we are only a quarter of the population of India and China, now wonder their statistics were much higher, there is so much more people there. I have definitely learned to do more research on statistics on sites such as Google Squared and WolframAlpha, so I can better understand what the results are actually saying.

Pitcairn Islands map by Whitney Bosarge:







1 comment:

  1. I learned a lot from the additional assignment too. I liked Google squared the most because of all the useful things it can do for teachers. I also really like your page!Good luck with everything you do and I hope you have a wonderful career as a teacher.

    ReplyDelete